Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another Reason For Palm Sunday

We all know that today is Palm Sunday, when Jesus entered into Jerusalem, the beginning of the week of his dying on the cross to save us sinners. But I want to talk to you another reason why we shall worship the Lord Jesus.
Today's bible verse is from Matthew 6:28-34, which reads "28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." I would like to share with you a story about somethings that my wife Brenda and I have been going through in the last 8 months or so. It all started last fall, around the end of October, we had the chance to move from an apartment with a combination tub shower, to a apartment with just a shower, we grabbed at it as soon as we heard about it. It still took another month or so before we could move in but things started to fall into place, getting the other person to leave the apartment to getting help from some nice people when we needed there help to move they where there for us. Know it's in the middle of April, and the shower was a God send. A few weeks ago my upper arm around the ball joint where the arm meets the shoulder, started to act up from you know who Arthur. Yes I hate to admit that I have Arthristis in parts of my body, but lets look at the whole picture for a minute. God knew about what Arthur was going to do with Brenda and myself, so God intervened and got us the new apartment with the walk in shower, he also helped in making all the aragements in helping us to move in just before Christmas. Some people might not look at this as anything that God could not handle but my point is he knew what was going to happen and he knew how to take care of the problem for us. Like today's bible verse tells us let God worry about the little things, I know he did for Brenda and myself.
Until latter I do hope you all have a good Palm Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment