Friday, August 9, 2013

Calvinism


Good Day To All Of You.  I haven’t been around lately for posting, but thank God I’m back.  In the last 5 or 6 months I’ve been fighting with my consciousness  on a bible topic.  The topic that I’ve been fighting with is brought up by John Calvin, a theologian that had a different view point of salvation from that of what I was taught from the bible.

          I would like to give my thought on the verse that Mr Calvin uses to back up his way of thinking.  The verse comes from Romans 8:29, which reads, 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Mr Calvin belives that seeing that God does know very thing that happens before it does happen, that God will pick and choose who will be saved before the time of that person being saved.  I had the problem with that way of thinking because if that was true than why did Jesus die on the cross.  It would be to easy for God to say you’re a good person and you’re a bad person even before they where born into this world.  I’m sorry I can’t believe that the passage was saying that.  I see it as God set up this world, in the beginning of time to follow a life style pleasing to God.  We all know that Adam and Eve messed that life up and we have the world as it is today.  God wants his children that truly except Jesus Christ as there personal savior, to live a life style very close to the one that Adam and Eve had at the beginning of time.  God wants us to follow Jesus and use his example of different things that Jesus did when he walked the earth before his death on the cross.  If we followed what Jesus taught then we can be like Jesus is today a son of God the Father.

I don’t know about you but I would like to be one of God’s children, I just have to keep on working at it daily.  In the next few weeks I would be writing about how to follow Jesus so we to can be son’s of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment