Sunday, July 26, 2009

Human Soul

Genesis 2:7
7then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

From the book NELSON'S 3 IN 1 BIBLE COMPANION we read a definition of the human soul, "That which animates man; The living being; the self."

I would like to look at the soul as a gift from the living God, without our soul man would be either dead or in modern terms a human robot. I don't like to think of people as robots. As we read in Genesis 2:7 God breathed into man's nostrils, the breath of life. What God gave to man that day was man's living soul, without the soul we would be dead. I myself believes that the soul is more important then our bodies, because it what makes us all tick. If we all take care of our soul then that's what real counts in this world today, and not our bodies.

In my next post I would start showing how to take care of our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment