Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CALLED TO BE HOLY

Good Morning To Everyone:
This mornings Bible verse is taken from the First Epistle of Peter first chapter verses 13-16, which read 13 Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy."
In the next few weeks I want to look at what it means, and what it takes to be Holy. Lets first figure out what Holy means. "Nelson's 3 - in 1 Bible Reference Companion" tells us that Holy means "uniquely divine; separated from sin;morally perfect; consecrated to God." I don't know about the rest of you but I'm far from being morally perfect. Let's look at 2 Timothy 4:7 which reads: 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
St Paul toward the end of his earthly ministry was comparing his life, with all of its ups and downs, with a big race. That race was to keep his faith and stay closer to God then we are right know. Paul won the race, because he went home to be with God when he died.
Next week I'll add part 2 to this post, but until then I do hope you have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment