Saturday, May 28, 2011

MILK INSTEAD OF MEAT

Good Afternoon To Everyone:
I would like to take a few minutes and look at 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, which reads, 1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, 3 for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way? 4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not being merely human?
When I read the letters of St Paul, I don't just read them as letters sent to churches that he went to visit and teach at, but to also help us Christians grow in Christ, and that's what I'm reading this as. When I read that Paul fed the church with milk and not solid food, then I read that as St Paul telling us to read small amounts of the Bible and learn from that before moving on to other small parts of the Bible. By reading and studying small parts you will understand more then just studying the whole Bible from front cover to back cover. When we study God's word then we get to know more about God and that's what's going to help us to stand up to Satan in this world, and it also helps us to get closer to God and the closer we get the more Holy we get. I pray that you study God's word as milk and grow with more study into solid food.
Until later, I hope that everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment